Monday, October 09, 2006

The Divine Hours...a disclaimer

Greetings all! A few days ago I posted a brief description of the Divine Hours by Phyllis Tickle and gave you a link where you could view the daily prayers that she has compiled in her book. These are found on the Explore Faith website. While I love the Divine Hours and have confidence that the prayers are very compatible with biblical Christianity, I must admit that I don't bear the same confidence toward everything on the website.

Brad Moser and I visited the other day after both of us reviewed some of the material on the Explore Faith website. We both felt it wise to convey a bit of caution when reading some of the articles posted on it. While there may be some good stuff there I think it is important to be discerning and cautious when reading any material like that. By the same token, I think it is wise and appropriate to even examine what I teach and share with me any concerns you might have.

With that being said, I do want to encourage us all to consider using the Divine Hours as a means of enhancing our walk with God. Phyllis Tickle does a great job at compiling Scriptural references, hymns and prayers prayed throughout the history of our faith into a daily format that, I believe, will be very edifying for any follower of Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home