Thursday, September 21, 2006

Prayer: In Our Own Words

Scripture for this week: Matthew 5:5-15

Do you ever enter a time of prayer only to discover that you don't really have much to say to God? Maybe it is the fact that you are a bit overwhelmed by your life or perhaps you are trying to resolve some questions that you have and just can't bring yourself to say what you need to. Sometimes we are angry at God, or at least at the circumstances in our life, and just can't bring ourselves to spit out what is going on inside of us.

What do you do when you don't have the words? This weekend we'll talk a bit about this and discuss some of Jesus' ideas about prayer. Feel free to share some of the things you have done or experienced in your prayer life in the comment section below.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that I never seem to pray as much as I should, or think I should? How often is enough? There's time I do well (in my mind) and times where I don't do so well (also in my mind). And just where did my mind come up with it's criteria or measure of what is or isn't enough? Then when I do get ready to go to prayer I'm having to deal with this feeling of guilt!!!!!!!!!! Well if anyone else ever deals with this we do have to remember where (who) guilt comes from and where and who it doesn't come from right? I've come to the conclusion that I will probably always have all these different feelings during my tempory stay here on earth as we know it. The key is to know that Jesus did not come to condem us and that our whole life is a pilgrimage, a maturing in the Christian faith, maybe even a quest! Jesus is the standard and Christlikeness is our goal in our relationship to others and most especially to our Abba Father, our Creator, GOD. Blessings on you all, brad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home