Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Famous First Lines...pt. 2

Wow. You did very well on that last one so I have decided to up the ante a bit. The two selections below are a bit more obscure. However, I know one is a favorite of a Wheatland Mission member.

"Early this morning, 1 January 2021, three minutes after midnight, the last human being to be born on earth was killed in a pub brawl in a suburb of Buenos Aires, aged twenty-five years, two months, and twelve days."

"For some time now I have noticed that something strange is ocurring in our region."

Rumor has it that some of you have googled for the answers. That is ok. However, you won't have google with you Saturday night! I am going to see if I can find these on the web myself.

By the way, our Scripture text for this weekend is Genesis 1:1-2. You might want to read the entire 1st chapter to prepare for the next couple of weeks.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger The Wheatland Mission said...

So. I must admit that I am a bit naive when it comes to the miracle that is Goooooooogle. Eeek! All you have to do is type in the first line and it pops up right in front of you.

No blog contest is safe. Let's play anyway.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know the answers but at least I didn't cheat. I guess I'm a loser. Call me Ishmael.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home