Sunday, April 16, 2006

What a weekend!

This has been a great weekend for the Wheatland Mission and our family. First, we had a wonderful service last night. It was a great time of worship, prayer, and "going through" some of the key events of Holy Week. What a way to express love and affection to Christ. It ended with a special candlelighting ceremony as we lit our candles off of the the Paschal candle.

Second, the Easter morning breakfast was great too. We had a great turnout for the breakfast. However, I must say that I was encouraged to see how our body is coming together and I only regret that we waited this long to have a community wide meal together. I hope many more will be just around the corner. Let me thank the Roggs for hosting our event this morning. Also, let me thank the Moser's, Reichs and many others of you who helped make this morning a success. Last but not least, thanks to all of you who brought food. I did not leave hungry.

Third, this was a wonderful weekend for our family because Harrison, our youngest, was baptized this morning. Harrison, Kendra Balocca, Nate and Will Flesher were all baptized after our breakfast at the home of John and Pam Flesher. It is exciting to see our group grow, not merely via numbers, but more and more in the likeness of Christ.

I am looking forward to the weeks and months to come at the Wheatland Mission.

P.S. I have a special prayer request. As many of you know I have been completing a degree in New Testament. This week I travel to Knoxville, TN to defend my a thesis I have been writing for several months. Please pray for me as I travel and I as I meet with my thesis committee. Also, keep my family in your prayers while I am away. God bless you all.

3 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday was wonderful. We were not able to get together with family... so to those of you who were there THANKS for being our family! I don't think we could have asked for a more beautiful day. Not to mention, our little kids had a blast hunting for eggs and playing on the great playground!!! THANK YOU to Roggs, Mosers, Reichs, & anyone else who helped w/ the food. It was truly a blessing. AND... Thanks to Leigh, Pam & whoever else hid all of those eggs :)

PAUL: We'll be praying for you & your Thesis Defense. You'll be/do great!!!
W/ Love, The Niessens

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto! We left the brunch Sunday morning invigorated and joyful and thankful for how the Lord is blessing us through this part of the body of Christ! What a special time it was, great food, wonderful setting, and super fellowship. Glory to God and thanks for the gift of the Hill's in our lives and all the Wheatland families!
We'll be praying for your safe travels, Paul, and your defense.
God bless,
The Laffen's

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mission Accomplished" in many areas!! We are blessed in many ways and I thank God that we are part of His working church! The fellowship in Christ Resurrection celebration was awesome...but first we had to mourn and recall his suffering...the story doesn't end HE IS RISEN AND HE WILL RETURN AGAIN!! In the meantime we continue on being realational and intentional with all that God has entrusted us with! Paul Hill keep listening to God for HE has ordainded you to this church for such a time as this!!!Behind every great man is a great woman...Calana you Rock! Thank you for leading us to the Alter of Praise and Worship! Dear Church you are loved and we love you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home