Thursday, July 20, 2006

People Paul Needs to Thank...this week (T-1)

This list of people whom I need to thank is not exhaustive by any means. If you think you deserve my thanks I am sure that I would agree.

Just getting back from vacation I must say thanks to my hosts in Portland. Laurin and Sheri (after 15+ years I finally figured out how to spell your name), y'all took great care of us while we were up in the great Northwest. You provided first rate hospitality and showed us around to all of the really cool stuff in the area. Our sadness, that comes from the great geographical distance between us, was healed by the great friendship we share and the wonderful time we had with you.

I also want to thank Joe and Mallary for taking us to Imago Dei for church, the Kennedy School for dinner and the Laurelhurst neighborhood just for fun. It was a real treat to see the two of you again. Thanks for helping in the "early days" of the Wheatland Mission. Your fingerprints are still here.

I also want to thank Matt T. for leading and planning the worship service this past week. Multiple sources tell me that worship was great. However, they didn't have to tell me that to know it. Thanks for your willingness to help in that way.

Thanks to Brad Moser. In addition to being a great friend and encourager you tackled the teaching time this past week. You did a great job, again, multiple sources keep telling me these things. But I knew you would. Thanks for being one of the teachers in our little community, along with all of the other important things you do.

Thanks to the Snodgrasses and Kings for helping care for our eldest daughter this weekend. We knew that Tatiana was in great hands and we appreciate it very much. Thanks to my sis-in-law Dedra, and my brother Mark, for taking such good care of Savannah. Also, thanks Mark for fixing her bike.

I also want to thank Rustin and Marcola (Calana's sister and her husband) for taking such good care of Harrison. He almost didn't want to come home. He had a great time with your family. It's good to have spend some time with his little cousin Rock and his aunt and uncle.

I want to thank Brad Niessen for loaning me his saws and for getting an extra bucket for our dog. Also, I want to especially thank Braydon Niessen for keeping Shelby (our large outdoor dog) hydrated. Way to go! Thanks Braydon's Mom and Dad, along with little sis Chloe. You helped him too.

Finally, two last groups for me to thank. First, those of you who greeted us over the phone Saturday night...thank you! That meant a lot even though I was a bit confused over what the message was at first. After listening to it for awhile I figured it out. That meant a lot. Second, a big thanks for all of you who have put up with our blog the past week as I post photo's and make comments about our trip. Your tolerance and affection are much appreciated!

Gratitude is such a central component of our faith. I hope this little post might make you think a bit about who and what you are grateful for. Above all, we want to take time regulalry to thank God for the gift of himself and one another.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,
You & Calana deserved a great, fun & relaxing trip!!! The Niessens were glad to help. YOu know, our kids absolutely love Shelby :) & I kinda like him too. plus, he is good for Brayden. If we ever go on vacation you can feed our fish, Lighting McQueen.

w/love, Dr N. & fam.
p.s., I'll need that bucket back ;) it's my mop bucket (which gets used a few times a year--- LOL) don't worry I washed it out very well before loaning it to Shelby.
btw: I have to apologize for my husband not being able to do the podcast (esp. since you all had the unique pleasure of hearing Brad Moser!) My Brad blessed me by keeping our children ALL weekend so that I could go to Table Rock w/ my girlfriends. THANKS IMMENSELY B., You are incredible ;)!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home